How does the app work?
- Gas station operators are required to report price changes for the common fuel types Super E5, Super E10 and diesel “in real time” to the Market Transparency Unit for Fuels (MTS-K).
- The MTS-K passes on incoming price data to providers of consumer information services, such as Tankerkönig and thus the Spritpreise app.
Why are there only Super 95, Super E10 and Diesel?
The fuel prices displayed in the app are provided by the Market Transparency Unit for Fuels (MTS-K) of the German Federal Cartel Office. Virtually all gas stations are required to report prices for Super 95, Super E10 and diesel. Unfortunately, other types of fuel are not currently recorded, which is why they cannot be displayed in the app.
Why are prices sometimes incorrect?
The prices displayed in the app are reported by the gas station operators and provided via the Market Transparency Unit for Fuels (MTS-K) of the German Federal Cartel Office. If it happens that prices are not correct, you can submit a correction for incorrect data directly on the detail page of a gas station in our app. This correction will be forwarded to the MTS-K and processed there. Unfortunately it is not possible (and allowed) for us to correct the data ourselves.
Is it possible to add a missing gas station?
Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to add a gas station ourselves. Almost all gas stations are obliged to report prices to the MTS-K, but smaller gas stations can be exempted from the reporting obligation due to a hardship regulation.
A gas station has permanently closed but is still shown
Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to remove a gas station ourselves, as the data is provided by MTS-K. However, you can submit a complaint / correction report for the MTS-K. This can be done directly on the detail page of the gas station in our app by tapping on “Report error” at the very bottom.
Past experience has shown that it can take a while for these reports to be processed. If the data is still not corrected after a few days, please contact us so that we can find a solution.
The distance to a gas station is wrong
The distance displayed in the app is based on the beeline between the searched location and the location of the gas station. A route calculation was deliberately omitted because, unlike the as the crow flies, this cannot be calculated “offline” on the basis of the geographic coordinates, but requires a different service. This would involve somewhat longer loading times and higher costs, since such a service would have to be called up for each gas station.
I have removed the advertisement but it is still shown on my other devices
Removing ads is permanent and valid on all devices. Usually it takes a few minutes for the purchase to sync to the other devices.
If the ads still appear even after a few minutes, you can follow the steps below:
- Check if you are signed in with the same Google account on all devices.
- Close the app completely and open it again. Navigate to the “Remove ads” item in the settings.
- Tap on the button with the text “buy for …”. This will trigger a sync through Google Play services. You should now see an error message that you have already made the purchase. If this error message does not appear then please cancel at this point, as you will of course not have to pay again.
If these steps did not help either:
- Restart your device and do step 2) and 3) from above again.
- If this did not help either: Please contact us so we can find a solution
Your question is not answered?
Just write to us. See contact.